Due to the measures (https://www.esma.europa.eu/press-news/esma-news/esma-adopts-final-product-intervention-measures-cfds-and-binary-options) adopted by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), Amenda Markets announces the following changes in trading conditions for retail clients:
- Maximum Leverage will be set to 30:1 for the following currency pairs:
EUR/USD, EUR/GBP, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, EUR/JPY, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, GBP/USD, GBP/JPY, GBP/CAD, and GBP/CHF.
- Maximum Leverage will be set to 20:1 for the following currency pairs:
EUR/AUD, EUR/NZD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, AUD/JPY, NZD/JPY, GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD, AUD/CAD, USD/TRY, EUR/TRY, and TRY/JPY
In order to protect the open positions from leverage changes, a new instrument list with new trading conditions will be created on the weekend of 28th/29th July, which will become available for trading from 30th July. Meanwhile, the pre-existing instrument list will be set to “close-only” mode on 1st August.
Additionally, the following changes in trading conditions will be made:
- Margin call level will be set to 80%
- Stop-out level will be set to 50%
- Retail clients will have additional safety with negative balance protection on a per-account basis
The conditions above will take effect on 1st August, 2018.